a. Vitamin K
2. Name one cause of failure to thrive.
b. Maternal -----------
d. Social situation
e. Domestic abuse
3. Name one way that infants demonstrate their readiness for solid food.
a. When they can do the reflex action of their _______
b. Sucking responses
4. What vitamin in large doses contributes to fetal malformation?
a. Vitamin A
5. How many additional calories are needed each day during the 2nd and 3rd trimesters?
a. 350-450 calories per day – 20%
6. What is the recommended weight gain during pregnancy?
a. Vary according to a women’s weight before she became pregnant whether it is single or multiple normal is 25-35lbs
7. How does that recommendation change with a BMI of 29?
a. Gain less than 25-35 lbs increase risk to fetus.
8. Name one way that you would address obesity in a school age child.
a. Retain control over purchasing and preparation of food.
9. During what trimester are serious fetal malformations most likely to occur?
a. 1st trimester
10. What is pica?
a. Craving non food substance that may be rooted in culture or a symptom of iron deficiency. Like ice-cream, freeze frost, clay, dirt, chalk, coffee grounds, baking soda, laundry starch
11. What nutrients might a pregnant vegan need to supplement with?
a. Vitamin D, b6, b12, calcium, iron, zinc
12. What advice would you give to a pregnant woman regarding food choices?
a. East nutrious foods, stay away from raw unpasteurized food and certain fish and cook all food
13. What organ transfers nutrients from the mother to the fetus?
14. What vitamin deficiency is associated with neural tube defect?
a. FOLATE ACID
15. What is WIC?
a. SPECIAL SUPPLEMENTAL NUTRITIONAL PROGRAM FOR WOMEN, INFANT, AND CHILDREN TO MEET THE NUTRIONAL NEED OF LOW-INCOME pregnant, postpartum and BREAST FEEDING WOMEN.
16. What causes edema during the... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2012, 02). Nutrition. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 02, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Nutrition-910062.html
"Nutrition" StudyMode.com. 02 2012. 02 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Nutrition-910062.html>.
"Nutrition." StudyMode.com. 02, 2012. Accessed 02, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Nutrition-910062.html.