Nursing is a noble calling. When you follow your heart to pursue this calling, you are embarking on a career that is both fulfilling and regarding. You also place trust in selecting a life-long career abounds with opportunities to learn and grow. When you join our Diploma in Nursing course, you can expect to have comprehensive and all-encompassing education to prepare you to be Registered Nurse. You learn about how to care for yourself and others, team work, research, leadership & reflective and critical thinking. In the quest of learning, you also grow to be a more matured person. Our Diploma in Nursing course aims to develop you to become “A Thinking Nurse with Heart” Course Objectives
* Demonstrate competencies expected of a registered nurse at advanced beginner level in various healthcare settings. * Demonstrate competencies required of a registered nurse, according to Singapore Nursing Board’s Standards of Nursing Practice, and Professional Ethics and Code of Conduct. * Demonstrate ability to collaborate with other healthcare professionals with the interdisciplinary healthcare team. * Demonstrate competency to promote self management in patients and their families. *Notes of Clinical Placements
Clinical placement learning is an integral and essential part of the programmes with the School of Nursing students spending approximately half of their time on clinical placements where necessary skills, practices and clinical education are taught and learnt. Clinical placements provide essential experience for students, which enable them to reach a required level of competence in nursing. It allows the students to immerse themselves in the real world setting to learn. Course Outline
* Anatomy and Physiology
* Pathophysiology & Collaborative Management
* Microbiology and Infection Control
* Psychology and Sociology
* Nursing Theories
* Nursing Skills
* Clinical Nursing Practicum
Who Should Attend
Anyone who want to pursue a professional education and obtain a license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Singapore. Certificate Awarded
* Diploma in Nursing
* Accredited by Singapore Nursing Board
* Registered with Council of Private Education, Singapore
1. Minimum Academic Qualifications:
* At least 5 GCE 'O' Level with credit pass (60%) in English, Mathematics, Science and 2 other subjects * Enrolled nurses with at least 2 years of post-enrolment work experience in acute care hospitals and GPA of 3.0 or higher * International
* Please refer to the Minimum Academic Qualification Table for information 2. Health Requirement:
* Certified fit by registered medical practitioner in Singapore to pursue the course. * Free from physical handicap
* Tested negative for Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C antigen 3. Other Requirement:
* Candidates must pass the selection panel interview
* Suitable candidates may be required to sit for entrance test examination Graduation Criteria
Please take note that the graduation criteria is available in the students' handbook which will be given upon enrolment into the course. Public could also access the information by calling or e-mailing to the college for information. Foreign Trained Nurses / Midwives
You must have an offer of employment with a healthcare institution in Singapore before SNB can consider your application for registration/enrolment.
i) SNB does NOT work with employment agents.
ii) Agents are to work directly with the healthcare institutions’ human resource department.
To apply for registration/enrolment, you must show evidence that you have completed a nursing programme, which is equivalent (as assessed by SNB) to an accredited pre-registration/pre-enrolment nursing programme in Singapore.
You must have nursing/midwifery registration from the country...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document