Nursing InterventionsRationaleMethod of Nurse-Family ContactEvaluation Unhealthful lifestyle and personal habits specifically cigarette smoking as a health threat.
1. Inability to recognize the presence of the problem due to Inadequate knowledge
2. Inability to make decisions with respect to taking appropriate health action due to fear of consequences of action, specifically physical consequences
3. Inability to provide adequate nursing care to the at-risk member of the family due to:
A.Inadequate knowledge about the disease or health condition
B.Lack of the necessary facilities, equipment and supplies for care
4. Inability to provide a home environment conducive to health maintenance due to lack of knowledge of preventive measures
5. Failure to utilize community resources for health care due to inadequate knowledge of community resources for health care
After nursing intervention, Rusty Cacal with the help of his family members will be able to lessen the cigarettes he smokes from 10 sticks to 15 sticks a day to gradual cessation of smoking
1.After discussing the definition of cigarette smoking, the family will be able to state the meaning of cigarette smoking accurately within 3 minutes.
2.After 10 minutes of discussion, the family will be able to enumerate the components of cigarette completely in 5 minutes.
3.Given the components of cigarette, the family will be able to state at least 8 out of 11 effects of nicotine in 8 minutes.
4.Given the components of cigarette, the family will be able to state the effects of tar completely in 5 minutes
5.After discussing the effects of nicotine and tar, the family will be able to distinguish the effects of addiction in cigarette smoke within 5 minutes.
6.After 15 minutes of discussion, the family will be able to discuss 7 out of 9 management on how to reduce the # of...