* Sweden has no participated in a war since Napoleonic war 1813
* Neutral country-less expenditure on military
* During great depression Economic growth was @ 6%.
* Neutral between east and west during the cold war
* Avoided instability of capitalism, repression, and inefficiency of socialism.
* Ethically and culturally homogeneous people.
* Strong sense of solidarity
* Liking for conciliation and compromise not conflict and fighting
* Always free people, no feudalism, and free peasants
* All the above homogeneity solidarity free cooperation enabled to develop a comprehensive social welfare system
2. Explain the main features of the industrial organization of Sweden
* 90% of the industry is in private hands
* Social Democratic party ruled since 1930’s
* SDP unlike other European social democratic parties did not believe in nationalization
* Private sector of Swedish industry dominated by a small number of large corporations
* Average Swedish industry 80% of output produced by 3 largest companies. FFCR very high, monopolist is very high.
* To offset monopoly power of corporations two things:
* Allow cheap foreign imports
* Consumer cooperatives
3. Please describe the characteristics of labor markets of Sweden
* Workers participate in decision making
* If a company has 25 or more employees must allow two union members to sit in the board of directors
* Wage earners fund
* Corporate profit tax
* Supplementary payroll buy shares of the company for workers
4. Describe the characteristics of the social welfare system of Sweden.
* Cash maternity benefits
* Family allowance for each child until 16 years of age regardless of income
* Free child care
* Free health care Ex: dental and surgery... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2012, 01). None. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 01, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/None-905087.html
"None" StudyMode.com. 01 2012. 01 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/None-905087.html>.
"None." StudyMode.com. 01, 2012. Accessed 01, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/essays/None-905087.html.