Composition with red, yellow and blue, composed by Piet Mondrian from 1937-1942
* The art movement that Composition with red, yellow and blue was created in was Surrealism. * After returning to Holland in 1914, Mondrian was fascinated by abstract paintings. * With the war outbreak in Holland, Mondrian was forced to stay in Holland, where in 1916-1917, he helped form the Neo-Plasticism movement. Neo-plasticism impacted and brought out the best in a number of people, where it broke down the forms of nature, reducing the form to a pure, abstract design. SIGNIFICANCE OF THE ART WORLD:
* Mondrian attempted to represent the world through vertical and horizontal lines which to him represented the two opposing forces: the positive and the negative, the masculine and the feminine, the dynamic and the static. * possesses a sense of simplicity whilst simultaneously comprises of complexity
* Mondrian has used oil on canvas as his materials and has created the artwork to a size of 72.7 cm by 69.2 cm. * Composition with red, yellow and blue is currently located at the Tate Gallery. * Mondrian painted for thirty years and never made a curved line.
* Claude Monet worked on WaterlilyPond from 1904 to 1905. * In 1883 Monet moved from the north-west of Paris to Giverny where he lived until his death. Adjacent to his property was a small pond which he acquired in 1893, where he created a water garden with an arched bridge in the Japanese style. SIGNIFICANCE OF THE ARTWORK:
* The meaning of the painting is to inspire nature and...