Important note: if you submit your topic request past the deadline, you will forfeit two percentage points from the final grade of your Week 4 assignment.
Communication Paper – Assignment Instructions
Many communication modalities are available to health care consumers/patients and providers. These modes of communication offer benefits for both consumers and providers; however, they can also present challenges.
Please note that the word count applies only to the body of the paper. The title page and references are not part of the word count. Be sure to prepare your paper in correct APA style. In addition, be sure to follow the assignment grading form in preparing your paper.
* Select one specific communication modality used by consumers/patients and health care providers, such as e-mail, a web-based forum, electronic medical records, or any other modality that interests you.
* Write a 1,450-1,750-word paper about your selected communication modality.
* Discuss the following:
* At least one benefit to the patient
* At least one aspect relating to the values and importance of maintaining patient confidentiality when using this mode of communication
* At least one reason this mode is an effective means of communication between consumers and providers
* The ways this mode of communication differs from others
* How media and social networking has changed, or could change communication in health care, in relation to the mode you have selected
* How this mode of communication is used, or can be used, to market health care products or services, if applicable. If the mode you select is not appropriate for marketing health care products or services, explain why.
* Consult as many... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2011, 03). No Title. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 03, 2011, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/No-Title-623874.html
"No Title" StudyMode.com. 03 2011. 03 2011 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/No-Title-623874.html>.
"No Title." StudyMode.com. 03, 2011. Accessed 03, 2011. http://www.studymode.com/essays/No-Title-623874.html.