* Started in 1890
* Mahadeo Havaji Bacche (Mahadeo), a migrant from North Maharashtra, started the lunch delivery service. * Mahadeo recruited youth from the villages neighboring Mumbai, who were involved in agricultural work * Service started with about 100 Dabbawalas
* In 1954 Nutan Mumbai Tiffin Box Suppliers charity trust was established
* Work is Worship.
* Serving People is serving god.
* Annadan is Mahadaan.
* The Decedents of the Dabbawalas were the warriors in army of Chatrapati Shivaji Mahraj. * Time is money.
* Unity is Power
* Based on team work
* Dabba’s are collected from homes and taken to nearest railway station * Collection time is fixed between 8.30 a.m. and 10.30 a.m. * Dabba’s brought to the railway station are sorted out by Mukadam. * Sorted dabba’s are given to the respective dabbawala, who then takes them to respective destinations through local trains * Dabba’s are again resorted by an another Mukadam Sat the respective station * Dabba’s of that particular area are given to the assigned dabbawala’s and rest of the dabba’s are again boarded on train to be delivered at respective station * At 3:00 p.m. the reverse process starts
Q FACTOR OF DABBAWALA
* Error Rate:- 1 in 16 million transaction
* Six sigma Performance (99.9999)
* Technological Backup:- Nil
* Cost Of service:- Rs. 250- 300 per Month
* Annual Turnover:- Rs. 72-80 Crore approximately
* Diwali Bonus: One month’s extra payment
* “ No Strike” records
* Earnings:- 4000 To 5000 P.m
* Initial Coding System used colored threads to mark 7 Islands * Then Utilized thrown away cotton waste from tailors.
* Now using color markers.
E:: Code for Dabbawala Street at residential station...