| | |Assignment 1: | |Explain what constitutes the physical and psychological needs of a three year old child. Explain how you would ensure that these physical and | |psychological needs can ideally be met in a setting/nursery which the 3 year old child attends from 8 am to 6 pm, 5 days a week. |
Reading for your assignment.
Though we provide some recommended books and chapters, (see below) you need to read around the subject as much as possible and not limit yourself to just the recommended readings.
Recommended reading from your prescribed text books:-
Macleod-Brudenell, I,& Kay, J (2008, Second Ed) Advanced Early Years for Foundation Degrees & Level
4/5 Harlow: Heinemann
Chapters 4, 5 and 9
Montessori Centre International (MCI) (undated a) Module 2 Child Development London: MCI
Chapters 1 and 3 (pg 39 – 42)
Montessori Centre International (MCI) (undated b) Module 4 Contemporary Issues London: MCI
Chapters 1, 3, 4 and 5
Montessori Centre International (MCI) (undated c) Module 5 Childcare and Health London: MCI
Additional reading to consider for this assignment:-
Montessori International (Issue 94, January – March)
(Various articles in this issue of the magazine are relevant)
Unicef (2008) Convention on the Rights of the Child, available from http://www.unicef.org/crc/
This assignment focuses on the importance of supporting the child’s well-being. Although, you will be given guidelines and additional reading material to assist you in the writing of this assignment, it is important for you to read as widely as you can. You will also need to consider the specific requirements within your own country.
In these tutorial guidelines, the assignment question will be broken down into sections, giving you some pointers to consider when preparing your answer for submission. In order to enable you to focus on the different aspects of the questions, each has been given a weighting. These are the maximum marks that can be awarded for this part of the answer. The other 25% of the marks cover structure, expression and presentation (Take note of the marking table on the assessment sheet that you have received).
WORKING ON THIS ASSIGNMENT
• Work through the recommended chapters listed above, making notes as you did for your Study Skills assignment. Please note that you are not limited to these chapters - You may also find it useful to do some independent research in your local library or on the internet. Be careful to limit your reading to academically sound sources – Wikipedia is not a safe site to use and should be avoided. (Remember to keep a record of the source document for later referencing and bibliography).
• Go through the extended guidelines below, and begin to gather information for your answer.
• Make note of any questions you have regarding this assignment and send them through to me. These questions and their answers will then form the second half of this first tutorial (the Q&A) which will be emailed to you so that you can take the information into consideration before finalising your essay for submission.
Start to work on your answer:-
☼ Study skills recap –
• Organise your information and thoughts into a logical, structured argument, addressing each of the important / main bullet points. Ensure that there is an overall flow to the information, and that each section links back to the question posed.
• Begin with an introduction that will state what you are going to cover in the main body of the essay. The introduction should be ± 5-10%...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document