Honors Eng II Study Guide for Test on Friday, 2/27/09
1. In what point of view was the book Night written?
A. first person
B. second person
C. third limited
D. third omniscient
2. What did Elie Wiesel want to study at the beginning of the book? A. beadle
3. Who helped Elie with his studies?
A. his father
C. the Rabbi
B. Moshe the Beadle
D. his mother
4. Which of the following was NOT a reason people didn’t believe Moshe’s tale? A. He only wanted pity.
C. He was imaginative.
B. He was mad/crazy.
D. He was a known liar.
5. Where are the Jews of Sighet first taken after the Germans arrive? A. concentration camps
C. Hungarian prison
D. German prison
6. When the Jews of Sighet are deported, how many people are on each train car? A. 12
7. Madame Schatcher’s visions about fire are an example of what? A. foreshadowing
8. “It was like a page torn from some storybook,” is an example of what? A. foreshadowing
9. “Everywhere rooms lay open…An open tomb.” This is an example of what? A. foreshadowing
10. What age is Elie when he reaches Auschwitz?
A. almost 12
B. almost 15
11. What age does Elie tell the SS officer he is?
12. What occupation does Elie tell the SS officer is?
13. What do the men say as they are approaching the crematory? A. Talmud scriptures
C. Bible scriptures
14. What is Elie’s new name at the camp?
15. What item did the SS extract from the Jews at the camp?
B. gold keys
C. gold teeth
16. Elie prevents the SS from extracting this item by
A. saying he is sick
C. saying he has to work
B. saying it was already taken
D. extracting it himself
17. What happened to those who broke the rules?
D. all of above
18. Whose death symbolizes the loss of Elie’s faith?
A. Juliek, the violinist
C. Moshe, the Beadle
B. Akiba Drumer
D. the pipel
19. What do the men do to help their chances during selection? A. jumping jacks
B. put on makeup
D. wear extra clothing
20. What does Akiba Drumer ask Elie and his father to do for him? A. Stay in the camp.
C. Eat his rations.
B. Sleep more.
D. Say the Kaddish.
21. Why does Elie go to see the doctor?
A. His foot is infected.
C. His tooth aches.
B. His head has been beaten.
D. He has been whipped 25 times.
22. Who does the prisoner next to Elie in the hospital say that he trusts the most? A. Elie
B. the doctors
23. Elie and his father leaving the hospital before it’s liberated is an example of what? A. foreshadowing
24. How do the prisoners travel to Gleiwitz?
25. What happened to the men who slowed down on the way to Gleiwitz? A. shot
C. both of the previous
26. What happened to the men who slept in the snow at the caved-in brick factory? A. shot
D. none of the above
27. How many men get on the train car with Elie and his father on the trip to Buchenwald? A. 12
28. How many men get off the train at Buchenwald?
29. What was the last word Elie’s father said?
30. What do the liberated prisoners think about after being freed? A. food
C. their families
31. Which of the following is NOT an...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document