(First time write operation or sometimes referred to as ‘Start Multisession’ Data CD)
1. First to launch ‘Nero StartSmart’: Go to Start->All Programs->Nero->Nero StartSmart. Or you can just go to Start->Nero StartSmart
2. This will bring up the Nero StartSmart main window. Select the ‘Data’ icon and click on the ‘Make Data Disc’ option.
3. This brings up the Nero Express ‘Disc Content’ window. To add data to be written to CD, click on the ‘Add’ button or drag and drop data into the Disc Content window.
4. This brings up the Select Files and Folders window. Highlight those files and folders you wish to add, and click on the ‘Add’ button. Hold down the ‘Shift’ key to select all the files, or hold down the ‘Ctrl’ key to select individual files.
5. Click on the ‘Finished’ button once you have added all the Files and Folders you intend to burn to CD.
6. This will bring you back to the Disc Content window. You can see ‘how much space’ you will use with this write operation. Click ‘Next’ to move on to the next step, or on the ‘More’ button for additional options.
7. If you select the ‘More’ option, it will bring up a drop down window that will allow you to have some limited control over your files and directories date and time settings. Click ‘Next’ to continue your burn process after you have made your adjustments.
8. This brings you to the ‘Final Burn Settings” window. Here you must: 1. Select the Recording device 2. Provide the Disc you are about to create with a name 3. Set your Write Speed 4. Decide if the CD will be Multisession - (Enable this feature to allow all data that will be written to this CD, now and later, to be seen. If it’s not enabled, only the data last written to the CD will be seen when mounted.) 5. Choose ‘Verify data on disc after burning’ - (Verifies data was written to CD correctly. Always enable this aspect for critical data that you can not afford to loose.)