a) We are dead because of our transgressions and sins
b) We walk according to the world and the devil
c) We fufill the desires of the flesh, and mind
1) In Ephesians 2:1-2 God found us spirutually dead. Why were we said to be dead? ❖ our transgressions and sins killed us
2) Who is the ruler of the kingdom of the air?
❖ The devil
1. God made us alive together with Christ (4-5)
a) By virtue of His mercy and great love
b) Even when dead in trespasses
c) By His grace we have been saved
2. God raised us with Christ (6-7)
a) Made to sit with Him in heavenly places
b) That in ages to come God might show the exceeding riches of His grace
3. Saved by grace through faith (8-9)
a) Not of ourselves, it is the gift of God
b) Not of works, lest any man should boast
4. We are thus God's workmanship (10)
a) Created in Christ Jesus for good works
b) b. Created to walk in good works which God prepared beforehand
1. What motivated God to save us? (4)
❖ His rich mercy and great love
2. What are we now in Christ Jesus? For what purpose? (10) ❖ God's workmanship
❖ Created in Christ Jesus to walk in good works which God prepared beforehand 3. What does it mean that God’s people ‘have been saved by grace” (Ephesians 2:8)? Define grace.
Gentiles without Christ
1. Aliens from the commonwealth of Israel
2. Strangers from the covenants of promise
3. Having no hope and without God in the world
Gentiles With Christ
1. Made near by the blood of Christ (13)
2. Can now be "one body" with the Jews, because...
a. Jesus has made Jew and Gentile both one,...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document