2. You just won $150,000 scholarship. What is the value of this scholarship if the payment wil be made of $50,000 per year for the next 2 years, followed by payments of $25,000 per year for the next two years. The appropriate interest rate is 8% per year
3. A level-coupon bond has par value of $1,000 that pays $120 per year and has 10 years to maturity. If the yield for similar bonds is currently 14%, what is the bond's value?
4. You are thinking about investing in a $2,000 face value bond which will mature in two years. The bond has an 7% coupon and pays interest semiannually. The current yield to maturity on similar bonds is 5%, and rates are not expected to change. What is the bond's price?
5. The company has just paid a $3 annual dividend on its common stock. The dividend is expected to increase at a constant 5% per year indefinitely. If the required rate of return on the stock is 10%, what is its current value?
6. A firm just paid a dividend of $0.20 per share of common stock and the current stock price is $75. Dividends are expected to grow at a 7% rate for the foreseeable future. What is the current rate of return for this stock? (10 marks)
7. A project requires an investment of $7,300 and generates cash flows of $1600, $2750, $3800, $3000 over years one through four. Calculate the project’s payback period and discounted payback period at a rate of 12%.
8. A firm is considering the following mutually exclusive investment projects: Project A requires an initial outlay of $500 and will return $120 per year for the next seven years. Project B requires an initial outlay of $5,000 and will return $1,350 per year for the next five years. The required rate of return is 10%. What is the net present value of the project with the highest net present value? Which project should the firm choose?