PROCEED – Program for a Comprehensive Elementary Education * ito ay sampung taong programa para sa komprehensibong edukasyong elementarya. * Ito’y iminumungkahi ni Dr. Minda C. Sutaria direktor ng Kawanihan ng Edukasyong Elementarya.
Siyam na Komponent ng PROCEED
1. Misyon at Pagpapahalaga (Mission and Values)
2. Paglinang ng Kurikulum ( Curriculum Development)
3. Pagpapaunlad at Kagalingang Pangguro (Teacher Development and Welfare) 4. Pagpapabuti ng mga Kagamitan (Facilities Development)
5. Paghahanda ng mga Kagamitang Pampagtuturo (Instructional Materials Development) 6. Pamamahala (Management)
7. Pananalapi (Financing)
8. Edukasyong Pangkalusugan (School Based Health Education) 9. Edukasyon Bago Mag-elementarya (Pre-Elementary Education)
NESC – The New Elementary School Curriculum (MEC Order N. 6 s.1982) * ito ay nabuo bilang bahagi sa pag-implementa ng PRODED. * It was introduced grade by grade
* It is an outcome-oriented and not subject-oriented curriculum with its main focus being on the learning process, and not on the subjects. * The 3R’s is the core learning (reading, writing, arithmetic)
Grade 1 to 4 – primary
- had only four subjects
Areas: English, Mathematics, Filipino, Civics & Culture Civics & Culture – incorporates History, Geography, Society, Politics & Government
Grade 5 to 6 - intermediate
* had six subjects
* believe that a child who masters the basic subjects will find no difficulty in learning the other subjects in the higher grades.
The NESC focus on 4H
1. Head (Ulo) o intelektwal
2. Heart (Puso) o pagpapahalaga (values) 3. Hands (Kamay) o batayang kasanayan sa paggawa 4. Health (Kalusugan) o kagalingang pisikal at mental
Elementary Level Education – is the very foundation for the secondary and tertiary level and it is the only education which the masses generally...