360 degree performance appraisal
1. Definition of 360 degree performance appraisal
In the formatted from of 360-degree performance appraisals, the performance of an employee will be assessed based on ideas of many other different people, for example customers, suppliers, peers and direct reports. If the assessed is a manager, his/her staff will be often asked for feedback on how that manager is doing his task. In case of using 360-degree performance appraisal, it is vital that the process be implemented by the manager of Human Resources Department so that the subordinate reviewers (or staff) are made sure that all their assessments on performance are kept anonymous. 2. What’s 360 degree measures?
• 360 degree measures manners and capacities.
• 360 degree improves such skills as listening, planning and goal-setting. • 360 degree concentrates on subjective areas, for example efficiencies of teamwork, character, and leadership. • 360 degree supplies on the way others think about a specific staff. 3. Advantages of 360 degree appraisal
• Offer a more comprehensive view towards the performance of employees. • Improve credibility of performance appraisal.
• Such colleague’s feedback will help strengthen self-development. • Increases responsibilities of employees to their customers. • The mix of ideas can give a more accurate assessment.
• Opinions gathered from lots of staff are sure to be more persuasive. • Not only manager should make assessments on its staff performance but other colleagues should do, too. • People who undervalue themselves are often motivated by feedback from others. • If more staff takes part in the process of performance appraisal, the organizational culture of the company will become more honest. 4. Disadvantages of 360 degree appraisal
• Taking a lot of time, and being complex in administration • Extension of exchange feedback can...