Pegasus Airlines: Delighting a new type of traveling customer
# Question for Discussion #
1. Give examples of needs, wants, and demands that Pegasus customers demonstrate, differentiating these three concepts. What are the implications of each for Pegasus’ practices?
* First of all, we should know ideas of ‘need, want and demand’.
* NEEDS : state of felt deprivation / WANTS : object to satisfy a need that are shaped by culture and personality / DEMANDS : needs and wants combined with buying power.
* Examples of NEEDS : Pegasus customers need diversification. Examples of WANTS : Customers want to improve airline industry and reflect their opinions. Examples of DEMANDS : low-cost airline, many destinations they want to go, improved quality of services and many benefits related to customers.
* We can conclude the implications of each for Pegasus’ practices are customer-oriented company. In other words, they want to meet customer’s expectation.
2. Describe in detail all the facets of Pegasus’ product. What is being exchanged in a Pegasus transaction?
* Pegasus gives customers many things. First of all, Pegasus is the first low-cost airline in Turkey. They create credit(loyalty) card to reduce insurance rate. They have refund strategy when departure is delayed to alleviate customers’ dissatisfaction. And they run social network relationship like Facebook, Twitter and Vodafone etc. Pegasus sometimes opens a event for free tickets. And they always try to listen customers’ voices to know better their tendency and thinking.
3. Which of the five marketing management concepts best applies to Pegasus?
* We saw Pegasus’ many activities to go happily together with customers. So we can call them a marketing-oriented company. Because marketing orientation requires something fulfill customers’ desire.
4. What value does Pegasus create for its customers?
* Pegasus decreases...