PNSS (Neb q 8) a method of administering a drug by spraying it into the respiratory passages of the patient. The medication may be given with or without oxygen to help carry it into the lungs.
Relieve and prevent bronchospasm in patient with obstructive airway.
* Assist client during nebulization.
* Instruct to administer the nebulization at exact time and interval.
* Notify physician if there is paradoxic bronchospasm occur during the therapy
* Instruct the patient to report any untoward reactions such as fast-breathing and DOB.
* Chestphysiotherapy every after nebulization.
-it is used to drain air, and also fluid from the pleural cavity and to restore the normal negative intrapleural pressure, making lung expansion possible after surgery or trauma o the chest cavity.
>blood or fluid in the pleural space
1. Explain the procedure to the patient in general terms
2. Provide privacy with the client
3. Check tubing to be sure it is coiled in bed and draining.
4. Secure connections: retape as needed.
5. Observe for the amount, character and rate of drainage.
6. Watch out for leaks of air in the drainage system as indicated by constant bubbling in the water seal bottle.
Bronchoscopy is a technique of visualizing the inside of the airways for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes. An instrument (bronchoscope) is inserted into the airways, usually through the nose or mouth, or occasionally through a tracheostomy.
Recovery after bronchoscopy
Bronchoscopy by either procedure usually takes between 30 to 60 minutes. You will be in recovery for 2 to 3 hours after the procedure. Following the procedure:
* Are taking any medicines.
* Are allergic to any medicines, including anesthetics.
* Have had bleeding problems or take blood-thinners, such as aspirin, clopidogrel (Plavix), or warfarin... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2011, 06). Nebulization. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 06, 2011, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Nebulization-722744.html
"Nebulization" StudyMode.com. 06 2011. 2011. 06 2011 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Nebulization-722744.html>.
- MLA 7
"Nebulization." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 06 2011. Web. 06 2011. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Nebulization-722744.html>.
"Nebulization." StudyMode.com. 06, 2011. Accessed 06, 2011. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Nebulization-722744.html.