Learning how to navigate the online classroom environment is essential to your academic success. GCU’s Learning Management System (LMS) LoudCloud and the GCU Web site have many resources to help you become a successful graduate student.
View the LoudCloud Walk to Class Tutorial as well as search LoudCloud to find answers to the first 9 questions below. Search the GCU Web site for answers to the second set of 10 questions below. You should complete the guide while navigating LoudCloud and the GCU Web site.
Use this completed guide to assist you when completing the “Navigating the Online Learning Environment Quiz” due at the end of Module 1.
1. List the tabs and other items on the screen when you first enter a course in LoudCloud. Home-Calendar-Tasks-Resources-Connect-Reports-Announcements Calendar- weekly assignments
2. From the course home page in LoudCloud, click on the “Tasks” tab and then click on “Forums”. Make notes on the various forums and their purposes. -Main forum-DQ questions and responses
-Questions to instructor forum
3. Under the Resources Tab, inside the Student Success Center, click on the Writing Center link. What writing style is required for most 500-level courses at GCU? -APA 6th edition style
4. Under the Resources Tab, inside the Student Success Center, click on the Support Services tab at the top. List the services available under this tab. -Financial aid-technical support-library-tutoring
5. Under the Resources Tab, inside the Student Success Center, click on the Succeed at GCU tab at the top. Click on the GCU Tutorials link. What tutorials are available for students at this link? -research assistance: library-writing and research tools
-classroom assistance: online learning, cla, student support services and portal -student support: career services and tech support
6. From the course home page in LoudCloud, click the Reports tab at the top of the screen. List the contents of this tab and what they allow students to do. -gradebook- allows you to view points received on each assignment -Reports- allows you to view scores on all assignments and participation 7. Click on the Resources Tab in the classroom. List each section. Review each section and list what you find in it. -Course material-content and readings-student success center -Syllabus-library
-classroom policies-tutoring services
8. Find and review the contents of the syllabus. List any info about the syllabus you feel is important to remember. - Objectives-Gradable items: test/quizzes, DQ, Assignments, participation - Topic materials: Lecture note, electronic resource, additional material 9. Go to http://library.gcu.edu. Click on Frequently Asked Questions (on the left). List how a GCU student finds a Book, DVD, streaming video, or other multimedia at the GCU library. -Click on the "Find Books & More" link on the Library's web site at http://library.gcu.edu Enter your keywords in the search box and click "Search." On the left-hand side of the screen, you will see links that allow you to limit your search to various formats. Most of the Library's resources are electronic and can be accessed directly on the web site.
GCU Web site Questions (http://www.gcu.edu)
1. Locate and click the Spiritual Life link on the right side of the screen. You will notice a navigation pane on the left side of the screen. Click the “+” sign next to Chapel and the Gathering. What information is listed under Chapel and the Gathering? - Watch prior services
2. On the Home page, locate and click the Current Students button on the right side of the screen. Scroll down the page. What links are listed under the Student Resources section? -Mentoring program-Tuition and fees-Campus...