The Nationalist Congress Party(NCP) is a centre to centre left political party primarily based in the state of Maharashtra , India. Its youth wing is the Nationalist Youth Congress. NCP was formed on 25 May 1999, by Sharad Pawar, P. A. Sangma, and Tariq Anwar after they were expelled from the Indian National Congress(INC) on 20 May 1999, for disputing the right of Italian-born Sonia Gandhi to lead the party. At the time of formation, the party also absorbed Indian Congress (Socialist), which traced its origins to anti-coalition partner in the state of Maharashtra in alliance with INC. On 20 June 2012, P A Sangma quit from NCP to contest in presidential polls. PARTY SYMBOL:
The party's election symbol is an analog clock (with two legs and an alarm button) that reads 10:10.
The NCP has made different alliances in different states. At the central Government NCP is a part of the United Progressive Alliance led by Congress. In Kerala it has entered the Left Democratic Front led by theCommunist Party of India (Marxist), and in Nagaland it is in alliance with the Bharatiya Janata Party. NCP has members in the following states in India:
Andhra Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Manipur, Meghalaya, Orissa, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh * Tariq Anwar Member of Parliament & NCP General Secretary, * Praful Patel, Former Civil Aviation Minister, Cabinet Minister for Heavy Industries * Devi Prasad Tripathi NCP General Secretary & Chief Spokesperson * Ajit Pawar, Deputy Chief Minister, Maharashtra Minister of Water Resources and Energy, Maharashtra (Sharad Pawar's nephew) * Chagan Bhujbal, Former Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra and Minister of Public Works * R. R. Patil, Home Minister of Maharashtra
* Vijaysingh Mohite-Patil, Former Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra and Minister of Rural development and Tourism, Maharashtra * Dilip Walse-Patil, Speaker of Maharashtra Vidhan Sabha
* Agatha K Sangma, Member of Parliament of India (MP), minister of state for rural development ( P.A. Sangma's Daughter) * Supriya Sule, Member of Parliament from Baramati (Sharad Pawar's daughter) * Ganesh Naik, Minister of Excise, Environment and Labour. * Suryakanta Patil, Former Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs, Govt. of India * Subhash Thakre, Former Minister ...
* Shreemant Chattrapatti Udyanraje Bhonsle, The 13th direct descendant of the Maratha king Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj and Member of Parliament from Satara * Sambhaji Raje Shahu Chhatrapati Royal descendant of Kolhapur Sansthan. * Arunbhai Gujarati, former Speaker of Maharashtra
* Jayant Patil, Minister for Rural Development, Maharashtra. * Shriniwas Dadasaheb Patil, Ex IAS officer and Member of Parliament from Karad. * Ram Raje Naik Nimbalkar, MLA and descendant of Royal family of Phaltan Sansthan. * Vasant Davkare, Vice-Chairman of the Legislative Council, Maharashtra * Shrimant Chhatrapati Shivendra Singh Raje Bhonsle MLA and member of Royal Raje Bhosle family of Satara Sansthan. * Anil Deshmukh, Minister of Food and Civil Supplies Works of Maharashtra * Umesh Patil General Secretary,NCP Maharashtra.[Co-ordinator,Western Maharashtra] * Sanjay Khodke General Secretary, NCP Maharashtra.
* Vikayak Mete MLC and Shiv Sangram Sanghatana Chief
* Digvijay Khanvilkar Ex-MLA and former health minister of Maharashtra * Mangleshwar Tripathi (Munna),President Uttar bhartiya vikash parisad Mumbai * Chhabildas Mehta, former Chief Minister of Gujarat
* Sanat Mehta, former Minister of Gujarat
* Madan Bafna, former Minister of Maharashtra for Housing * Vallabh Benke, MLA Junnar & Former President of Pune District NCP * Thakur Randhir Singh, Ex Minister and President Jammu & Kashmir NCP. * Prakash Dahake, MLA Karanja Lad
* The Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) is...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document