The Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) Region 2 Provincial Environment and Natural Resources Office (PENRO) in Cagayan with office address at Nursery Compound, San Gabriel, Tuguegarao City was created by virtue of Executive Order No. 192, series of 1987 providing for the Reorganization Act of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources. This law calls for a reorganized structure and function of PENROs and CENROs in all DENR Regional Offices.
Established on May 6, 1987, PENRO Cagayan was first located in Buntun Highway (former CVMC Building), Tuguegarao City headed by For. Armando U. Bucad, the first PENR Officer. Having no permanent office to stay at, the Office rented thrice and transferred four times. PENRO personnel held their office at Zamora St., Centro 5 from 1990-1997; at Reyes St., Ugac Norte from 1998-1999; and at Rogelio B. Baggayan’s (RBBs) Park, Carig from 2000-2009, all located in Tuguegarao City. The latter place was already owned by the DENR during that time.
With RED Benjamin T. Tumaliuan’s initiative to acquire permanent lot and building for all DENR offices in the region, PENRO Cagayan had again moved house to its permanent abode in early 2010 from RBBs Park in Carig to Nursery Compound, San Gabriel, Tuguegarao City, the former DENR Regional Office.
PENR Officer Felix C. Taguba initiated the improvement of the building and its landscape as well. Despite of this physical accomplishment, PENRO Cagayan still do not possess Certificate of Land Title because the lot is still under the name of Provincial Nursery owned by the Provincial Government. However, a Deed of Conditional Donation was issued to Bureau of Forestry and Bureau of Lands (now DENR) through Provincial Board Resolution Nos. 1016 series of 1970 and 289 series of 1971, respectively.
The equally intelligent rosters of PENR Officers assigned in the province 25 years ago were Foresters Armando Bucad, 1987-1988;...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document