You can take measures to reduce your risk of becoming infected
With (std) Sexually Transmitted Disease. You can also reduce the risk
Of transmitting an std to your partner.
- Delay sexual activity until you are prepared both physically and
Emotionally to have sex. Nearly two thirds of all STDs occur in people
Younger than 25 years old. Sexually active teenagers are at high risk for
Stds because they frequently have unprotected sex and have multiple partners.
Talk with your partner about stds before beginning a sexual relation-
- Ask your partner how many sex partners she or he has had.
- What high risk behaviors does he or she have.
- Has she or he ever had std? If std they have not curable what is the best
Way to protect yourself?
- Be responsible. Avoid sexual contact activity if you have symptoms of an
Std or being treated for one.
- Don’t have more than one sex partner at a time.
- condoms can protect you against sexually transmitted diseases (STD) even if
you are protected against pregnancy by birth control pills or other methods.
Male Condom Use
- Using condoms reduces the risk of becoming infected with most stds especially if
- They are used correctly and consistently. Condoms must be put on before
Beginning any sexual contact or activity. Use condoms with a new partner until
You are certain he or she does not have STD.
Do not use petroleum jelly as a lubricant with condoms it dissolves latex.
Most spermicides contain a chemical called nonoxnol-9 (n-9) the food and
Administration warn that N-9 in the vaginal... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2010, 12). My Life Has Many Twist and Turns. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 12, 2010, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/My-Life-Has-Many-Twist-And-523106.html
"My Life Has Many Twist and Turns" StudyMode.com. 12 2010. 12 2010 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/My-Life-Has-Many-Twist-And-523106.html>.
"My Life Has Many Twist and Turns." StudyMode.com. 12, 2010. Accessed 12, 2010. http://www.studymode.com/essays/My-Life-Has-Many-Twist-And-523106.html.