Declaration of Independence
When In the course of human events, there becomes a time in a students life that a student desires to engage in recreational activities and to not be school-bound. To assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them. They must declare independence from the ties that bind them to their studies.
We hold theses truths to be self-evident, that today, homework puts a mental strain on the student body, and is often looked upon a negative task to a student. Students have a right to go home after eight hours of endless , soul depriving, eye tiring school, and not have to do more of this grueling , school related work. We as students should be able to go home after school and engage in less mind tiring recreational activities. We spend one third of our day, Monday through Friday at school. Then we come home, tired and exhausted, and we are expected to spend our personal time doing homework.
○ Homework is taking away from our social development time for a teenager.
○ Homework is making students spend hours in front of a computer , typing essays , destroying our eyesight, eyesight that some students would rather be destroying on Facebook.
○ Homework is emotionally scarring. Hours upon hours of mentally draining homework followed by chores, and finally sleep.
○ It puts unnecessary demands on our everyday life.
○ It causes less positive attitude for kids in class
In every stage of these oppressions we have petitioned for less homework in the most humble terms. Our repeated petitions have been answered only buy repeated stress in our everyday life. We have reminded them of the circumstances of our stress and anger here.
We, therefore, the students of Wylie East High School have complained and suffered for many generations. We now believe that a world without homework is a world without suffering. We now declare our independence from Homework....
Please join StudyMode to read the full document