Practical knowledge is an important suffix to theoretical knowledge. One cannot merely depend upon the theoretical knowledge. Classroom lectures make the fundamental concepts of management clear. They also facilitate the learning of practical things. However to develop healthy managerial and administrative skills potential managers, it is necessary that they combine their classroom learning with real life project research plays a significant role in the curriculum of Business Management Courses.
Any science without its practical application or knowledge is considered to be unsystematic. Since management is a developing science, the students of Management Degree courses are required to undergo a project in the final year of the course.
Thus for the fulfillment of the above requirement a project was undertaken by me on the topic “ ANALYSIS OF MUTUAL FUND SCHEMES”. The project was a good experience and helped me in widening my knowledge and sharpening my managerial skills.
TITLE OF THE PROJECT
“ ANALYSIS OF MUTUAL FUND
OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The present study focuses on the performance appraisal of mutual funds schemes. The objectives of the research are:
• To understand the concept of mutual funds and get an insight of working of the mutual funds.
• To evaluate the funds sensitivity to the market movements by calculating beta.
• To evaluate funds risk adjusted return
• To evaluate the performance of mutual funds schemes by applying the Sharpe index.
• To find out various aspect of mutual fund for future prediction.
• To establish framework for decision regarding various schemes available in market.
ASSUMPTIONS UNDER THE STUDY/HYPOTHESIS
• Rate of risk less return, that is bank rate for 1 year has been taken as 7.5 %
• Secondary data sources are assumed to be done.
• Data provided by karvy... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2011, 07). Mutual Fund Analysis. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 07, 2011, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Mutual-Fund-Analysis-729364.html
"Mutual Fund Analysis" StudyMode.com. 07 2011. 07 2011 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Mutual-Fund-Analysis-729364.html>.
"Mutual Fund Analysis." StudyMode.com. 07, 2011. Accessed 07, 2011. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Mutual-Fund-Analysis-729364.html.