History of Muslim Religion
570 CE to 1605 CE
* the genesis, growth, and development of Islamic Civilization * the era when Islam was the fastest spreading and most dynamic religion in the world * during this era, Muslims made a great strides in the Sciences and Humanities * 613 CE, Muhammad propagates Islam
Muhammad: A Brief Profile of Islam’s Last Prophet
Muhammad comes from the Arabic verb hamada, to laud, to glorify, to praise Muslims believe Muhammad was visited in the cave by the Archangel Gabriel in 610 CE, who told him he should announce his prophethood and preach the message of Islam. Muhammad died in 632 CE at the age of 62
Faraidh: The Five Pillars of Islam
- witnessing, professing or declaring Islam
2) Salat or Salah
- the ritual of daily prayers to worship God
3) Zakat or Zakah
- obligation of all adult Muslims to fast from dawn to dusk during Ramadan 5) Hajj
- religious journey to Makkah at least once in their lifetime
Prophet Muhammad’s greatest miracle
Arabic Al-Qur’an which literally means “The Recitation
Qur’anic verses are the first words that the newborn child hears and the last words recited before the dead are lowered into their graves.
Eight Myths and Misconceptions About Islam and Muslims
* Islam is another name for Muhammadanism.
* Islam’s God is different from the Judeo-Christian God. * Most Muslims are Arabs.
* Jihad is a holy war against non-Muslims and Islam was spread by the sword.
* Islam encourages terrorism and suicide bombings.
* Islam is intolerant of other religions.
* The “Nation of Islam” and Islam are synonymous.
* Islam is sexist.
How did the Islam Religion come to Indonesia?
The Islam Religion was first introduced into Indonesia by Arab Muslim traders in the 8th Century but only began to really spread in the 13th Century. It continued to reach people because...