1. Who sang at the Grammy’s in Spanish in the late 1990s? What was the reaction? Ricky Martin sang at the Grammy’s in the late 1990s. Everybody loved it. It was widely accepted and supported.
2. When did Latin music burst back on the scene? What song brought it back to the mainstream? What effect did it have? Latin music bursted back on the scene in 1984. “Conga” by Gloria Estefan & the Miami Sound Machine brought Latin music back to the mainstream. It defined Latin pop music by mixing a Latin beat with English words.
3. How did the sounds of salsa change?
The sounds of salsa changed because it was starting to be fused with pop, R&B, etc.so that more people could understand it.
4. What was the influence of CBS’ Latin division on the explosion of Latin music in the US? CBS Latin division supported and sponsored latin music and helped it in its growth across America. 5. Who were some of the artists who brought together Latin influenced music with mainstream pop music? Jennifer Lopez, Marc Anthony, Ricky Martin, and Gloria Estefan & The Miami Sound Machine were some of the artists that brought together Latin influenced music with mainstream pop music.
6. Why did the Latin music influence decrease?
The Latin music influence decreased because people started becoming more modernized and less people could understand the music.
7. What was Reggaeton?
Reggaeton was a mixture of the Jamaican “Dem Bow” beat mixed with Puerto Rican and Latin beats.
8. What other types of music are being influenced by “Latin” music? Hip-hop, rap, pop, and rock are all types of music being influenced by “Latin” music.