Muscular System Webquest!
STEP 1 – Go to http://www.kidshealth.org/kid/htbw/muscles.html
1. What are some examples of functions of your muscles?
2. What are muscles made of?
3. What are the 3 types of muscles?
Smooth cardiac and skeletal
4. What is the difference between voluntary and involuntary control of muscles? Involuntary you have control and voluntary it does it for you 5. What are smooth muscles? Where are they found? What do they do in these areas? Are they under voluntary or involuntary control? They are involuntary and they are found on top and at the bottom of your muscles. They tell the muscles what to do in the area 6. What are cardiac muscles?
The muscle that makes up your heart
7. What is the scientific name for these muscles? Where are they found? What do they do in these areas? Are they under voluntary or involuntary control?
8. What are skeletal muscles? What is another name for these types of muscles? What do scientists use this name “striated”? Where are they found? What do they do in these aeras? Are they under voluntary or involuntary control? 9. What do tendons do?
11. What are some of our most powerful skeletal muscles that help us maintain proper posture when standing upright? 12. Where do facial muscles attach?
13. Because of this, what do facial muscles allow us to do? 14. Name the muscle that’s attached only at one end? What does this muscle allow us to do? 15. List the 6 major types of muscles found on page 3, and where we can find each of these on the human body.
STEP 2: Go to http://www.kidport.com/Grade6/Science/BodyMuscles.htm
Take the quiz and list below both the common and scientific (if given) names for each of the muscles listed:
Common Name| Scientific Name (if given)|
Neck Muscles| sternocleidomastoid|...