1. What problems does multitouch technology solve?
Its solve using one or more fingers to perform special gestures that manipulate lists or objects on screen without moving a mouse, pressing buttons, turning scroll wheels or striking keys. Also it can take different actions depending on how many fingers they detect and which gestures a user performs.
2. What are the advantages and disadvantages of multitouch interfaces? How useful are they? Explain
* You can control everything using one finger * You can quickly move back and forth through a series of web pages or photos by “swiping” or placing sideways. * You can shrink or expand the image by pinching it.
| * It’s to early to know if the new multitouch interface will ever be as big as the mouse-driven graphical user interface. * Putting finger on the screen is the ultimate measure of “cool” in the cell phone market, a “killer application” for touch on the PC has not yet emerged.
3. Describe three business applications that would benefit from a multitouch interface? * Chicago’s O’Hare airport integrated a group of TouchSmart PCs into “Explore Chicago” tourist Kiosks, allowing visitors to check out a virtual Visitor’s Center. * Touch system will allow customers to connect, select and interact with vendors and each other. * You can browse online newspapers, flick through photo albums and shuffle files and folders using nothing but your fingers.
4. What people, organization and technology issues must be addressed if you or your business was considering systems and computers with multitouch interfaces? People : Cost, technology adoption, training, business objective Organization : Structure and capability
Technolog : Fast server, system ready for use, better serve, permanent hardware.
5. Describe what you would do differently on your PC if it had multitouch make in the way you use your computer?
Please join StudyMode to read the full document