Q1: What is multimedia and explain the significance of multimedia team in each stage. Explain the whole scenario with example.
Ans: Multimedia is usually recorded and played, displayed or accessed by information content processing devices, such as computerized and electronic devices, but can also be part of a live performance. Multimedia (as an adjective) also describes electronic media devices used to store and experience multimedia content. Multimedia is distinguished from mixed media in fine art; by including audio, for example, it has a broader scope. The term "rich media" is synonymous for interactive multimedia. Hypermedia can be considered one particular multimedia application.
The significance of multimedia team in each stage is as follows:-
1. Project Manager: - A project manager is a professional in the field of project management. Project manager is Responsible for overseeing project timeline & priorities.
2. Script Writer: - The scriptwriter of a multimedia production needs to visualize this almost three-dimensional environment and integration of virtual reality into the product. This team member performs the task of writing.
3. Text Editor: - The content of a multimedia production, like a book or a film, needs to flow in a logical fashion and the text must be structurally and grammatically correct.
4. Computer Graphic Artist: - The computer graphic artist is responsible for the graphic elements of the program – such as backgrounds, buttons, photo collages – and the manipulation and editing of pictures, 3-D objects, logos, animation, and etc.
5. Audio Video Specialist: - This person will be specialist in all types of video makings. May record sounds, integrate existing files into the application, edit recordings for clarity, and convert files to different formats.
6. Computer Programmer: - The programming part is done by this part. The task of the computer programmer in a multimedia development team is the programming of code lines or scripts in the authoring language.
Q2: What do you mean by the multimedia skill set and discuss how it applies to multimedia project with the help of example.
Ans: Multimedia skill set is a one semester course for 7th and 8th grade students who want to explore electronic multimedia. A team of skilled individuals is required to create a good multimedia project. Team building refers to activities that help a group and its members function at optimum levels. The diverse range of skills required for a project is called the multimedia skill set.
Multimedia is a unique skill set. Like the many years it takes a photographer to find his or her own style, multimedia has a similar learning curve that’s first about learning the tools available and then implementing them in a way that defines your own unique vision. Unlike photo retouching, batch processing and many other processes we’ve become accustomed to automating, there’s no assembly-line method to producing a finished multimedia piece.
Q3. What is sound? Explain the process of sampling and quantization. Also discuss the crucial aspects one need to consider while preparing digital audio files.
Ans: Sound is a sequence of waves of pressure that propagates through compressible media such as air or water. (Sound can propagate through solids as well, but there are additional modes of propagation). Sound that is perceptible by humans has frequencies from about 20 Hz to 20,000 Hz. In air at standard temperature and pressure, the corresponding wavelengths of sound waves range from 17 m to 17 mm. During propagation, waves can be reflected, refracted, or attenuated by the medium.
Sampling: The use of sampling is controversial legally and musically. Experimental musicians who pioneered the technique in the 1940s to the 1960s sometimes did not inform or receive permission from the subjects of their field recordings or from copyright owners before constructing a musical piece out of...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document