OPENING A NEW DOOR OF GLORY FOR MUSLIMS
SUBMITTED BY: RIDA RASOOL HASHMI
SUBMITTED TO: AYESHA CHAPRA
DATE OF SUBMISSION: 10TH MAY 2010
SECTION: BS /SS 2 B
In this term paper I have discussed Muhammad Bin Qasim’s entire campaign of invading South Asia one of history’s major landmarks in changing the shape of the world making it as it is today. The following points are discussed in the term paper.
1. Introduction of Muhammad Bin Qasim. As a 17 year old Arab general sent to the South Asia to conquer it. His personal life.
2. The reasons which became the milestones in justifying attacking South Asia. The refuge of the Arab rebels in south Asia, the problem of pirates looting trade ships of Arabs, the Persian kings were taking refuge in Sindh and China which needed to be stopped, taking control of the important water trade corridor of the Indus delta and the strategy to win Gandhara through two way attack.
3. The campaign of Muhammad Bin Qasim first at Debal. His first war being at the fort of the Debal known as Hedrabad today. Then the war at Nawabshah and the final war of Multan which dissolved the rule of Raja Dahir.
4. The reason for Muhammad Bin Qasim’s success are discussed such as using better war equipments such as the new swords of Damascus, the catapult , the navy being used for supplies and logistics, the charismatic persona of Muhammad Bin Qasim and the bad political and social conditions in the South Asia.
5. The unjust death of Muhammad Bin Qasim by the hand of Suleman bin Abdul Malik because of his personal enmity with Muhammad bin Qasim’s uncle Hajjaj Bin Yousaf.
6. The positive impact of invading Sindh on the Muslim world’s preaching and trade.
7. The positive impact of invading Sindh on the future of South Asia.
MUHAMMAD BIN QASIM
(OPENING A NEW DOOR OF GLORY FOR MUSLIMS)
Muhammad Bin Qasim was born in Taif on c. 31 December 695. His father died in his childhood... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2010, 11). Muhammad Bin Qasim. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 11, 2010, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Muhammad-Bin-Qasim-475378.html
"Muhammad Bin Qasim" StudyMode.com. 11 2010. 2010. 11 2010 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Muhammad-Bin-Qasim-475378.html>.
- MLA 7
"Muhammad Bin Qasim." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 11 2010. Web. 11 2010. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Muhammad-Bin-Qasim-475378.html>.
"Muhammad Bin Qasim." StudyMode.com. 11, 2010. Accessed 11, 2010. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Muhammad-Bin-Qasim-475378.html.