6. Briefly explain the benefits of making sure equality and diversity procedures are followed in a business environment. Your answer should include one benefit for the employer, one benefit for the employee and one benefit for the overall organisation.
Section 2 – Understand the purpose of health, safety and security procedures in a business environment
1. Identify employer and employee responsibilities for health, safety and security.
If possible, provide relevant health, safety and security policies / documents from your workplace (or place of study) to support your answer. These documents should be annotated to highlight the relevant sections.
2. Explain the purpose of following health, safety and security procedures in a business environment.
3. Describe three different ways of maintaining a safe and secure business environment.
Section 3 – Understand how to communicate effectively with others
1. Complete the table below with descriptions of different methods of communication. You should include two verbal, two non-verbal and two written methods of communication.
Methods of communication Description
Verbal communication 1.
Non-verbal communication 1.
Written communication 1.
2. Using two specific examples, explain how to choose the most appropriate method of communication to meet your needs and the needs of others.
3. Describe at least two ways of actively listening.
Section 4 – Understand how to work with and support colleagues
1. Explain the purpose of agreeing standards for your own work. Give at least two reasons.
2. Explain the purpose of taking on new challenges and being able to adapt to change at work.
Cite This Essay
(2012, 10). Mr M a Javed. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 10, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Mr-m-a-Javed-1137367.html
"Mr M a Javed" StudyMode.com. 10 2012. 2012. 10 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Mr-m-a-Javed-1137367.html>.
- MLA 7
"Mr M a Javed." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 10 2012. Web. 10 2012. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Mr-m-a-Javed-1137367.html>.
"Mr M a Javed." StudyMode.com. 10, 2012. Accessed 10, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Mr-m-a-Javed-1137367.html.