Assistant Principal Interview Questions
Candidate Name __________________________ SS# ____ - ____ - ____
1. How would you describe yourself?
2. What specific goals, including those related to your current occupation, have you established for your life?
3. What influenced you to choose education as a career?
4. What do you think it takes to be successful as an Assistant Principal?
5. What has been your most rewarding accomplishment in education, thus far?
6. How would you describe yourself in terms of your ability to work as a member of a team?
7. What short-term goals and objectives have you established for yourself?
8. We can sometimes identify a small problem and fix it before it becomes a major problem. Give an example(s) of how you have done this.
9. What do you expect to be doing in five years?
10. How would you evaluate your ability to deal with conflict?
11. Describe a time when you had to deal with an upset parent?
12. Tell me about your philosophy on discipline?
13. Tell of a time when you might have evaluated a teacher who was not performing up to your expectations. Who, if anyone, did you tell or talk to about it? Did you take any steps to correct the teacher?
14. Describe a situation in which you had to arrive at a compromise or guide others to a compromise.
15. What steps do you follow to study a problem before making a decision?
16. What kind of supervisor do you work best for? Provide examples.
17. In your opinion, explain which of the five senses is most crucial to developing interpersonal relationships with staff?
18. Give me a specific example of something you did that helped build enthusiasm in others.
19. Tell me about a difficult situation when it was desirable for you to keep a positive attitude. What did you do?
20. Do you have any questions for me?...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document