* 2. If you were part of the management team at Petrie’s Electronics, would you approve the project outlined in the scope statement in PE Figure 4-1? What changes, if any, need to be made to the document?
* 3. Identify a preliminary set of tangible and intangible costs you think would occur for this project and the system it describes. What intangible benefits do you anticipate for the system?
Cost Benefit Analysis Spreadsheet Alternative C
Chapter 5 Electronics Case
* 1. What do you think are the sources of the information Jim and his team collected? How do you think they collected all of that information?
* 3. If you were looking for alternative approaches for Petrie’s customer loyalty program, where would you look for information? Where would you start? How would you know when you were done?
* 5. Why shouldn’t Petrie’s staff build their own unique system in-house?
Chapter 6 Electronics Case * 1. Are the DFDs in PE Figures 6-1 and 6-2 balanced? Show that they are, or are not. If they are not balanced, how can they be fixed?
* 5. Why is it important for the team to create DFDs if they are not going to write the actual system code themselves?
Chapter 7 Electronics Case
* 2. Again, review the DFDs you developed...