-- Robin S. Sharma
Page 1 of 26
The Top 200 Secrets of Success and the Pillars of Self-Mastery
By Robin S. Sharma (Author of “The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari”)
1. Sleep less. This is one of the best investments you can make to make your life more
productive and rewarding. Most people do not need more than 6 hours to maintain an
excellent state of health. Try getting up one hour earlier for 21 days and it will develop
into a powerful habit. Remember, it is the quality not the quantity of sleep that is
important. And just imagine having an extra 30 hours a month to spend on the things that
are important to you.
2. Set aside one hour every morning for personal development matters. Meditate, visualize
your day, read inspirational texts to set the tone of your day, listen to motivational tapes
or read great literature. Take this quiet period to vitalize and energize your spirit for the
productive day ahead. Watch the sun rise once a week or be with nature. Starting the day
off well is a powerful strategy for self-renewal and personal effectiveness.
3. Do not allow those things that matter the most in your life be at the mercy of activities
that matter the least. Every day, take the time to ask yourself the question "is this the best
use of my time and energy?" Time management is life management so guard your time
with great care.
4. Use the rubber band method to condition your mind to focus solely on the most positive
elements in your life. Place a rubber band around your wrist. Each time a negative,
energy sapping thought enters your mind, snap the rubber band. Through the power of
conditioning, your mind will associate pain with negative thinking and you will soon
possess a strongly positive mindset.
5. Always answer the phone with enthusiasm in your voice and show your appreciation for
the caller. Good phone manners are essential. To convey authority on the line, stand up.
Cite This Essay
(2008, 11). Mr. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 11, 2008, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Mr-177752.html
"Mr" StudyMode.com. 11 2008. 11 2008 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Mr-177752.html>.
"Mr." StudyMode.com. 11, 2008. Accessed 11, 2008. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Mr-177752.html.