The title of the film is Marie Antoinette. The director of this film is Sofia Coppola, the first American woman to win the Golden Lion, the top prize at the Venice Film Festival. It is a biographical story of Marie Antoinette, the Archduchess of Austria and Queen of France and of Navarre, who happens to have a very controversial life when she was still reigning as Queen at the height of French Revolution.
* Marie Antoinette – the controversial Queen of France
* King Louis XVI – the Dauphin of France and became King when King Louis XV died * King Louis XV – father of King Louis XVI
* Madame Du Barry – King Louis XV’s mistress
* Empress Maria Theresa – mother of Marie Antoinette
* Ambassador Mercy – Austrian minister whom Empress Maria Theresa sends to advise Marie Antoinette * Emperor Joseph II – Marie Antoinette’s brother
* Comtesse de Noailles – person who taught Marie Antoinette etiquettes in the palace * Count Axel Von Fersen – a Swedish count whom Marie Antoinette had an affair with * Comte De Vergennes – Foreign Minister during the war between America and England who became King Louis XVI’s adviser that time * La Princesse De Lamballe – one of the confidantes of Marie Antoinette * Duchesse De Polignac – Marie Antoinette’s favorite and confidante * Comte D’Artois – brother-in-law of Marie Antoinette * Comte De Provence – brother-in-law of Marie Antoinette * Princess Marie Therese – eldest child of Marie Antoinette and King Louis XVI * Louis Joseph de France – second child and first son of Marie Antoinette and King Louis * Leonard Autie – hairdresser of Marie Antoinette
The setting of the film is in Palace of Versailles where Marie Antoinette and King Louis XVI live. This story happened at about year 1770 onwards.
Fourteen-year old Marie Antoinette was whisked away from her family and friends in Vienna to marry Louis XVI...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document