* Hilary Swank as Erin Gruwell
* Scott Glenn as Steve Gruwell
* April Lee Hernandez as Eva Benitez
* Imelda Staunton as Margaret Campbell
* Patrick Dempsey as Scott Casey
* This is a true story about Erin Gruwell, a young teacher who accepted a position for teaching at Woodrow Wilson High School in Long Beach. She started her new job with enthusiasm. However since beginning she faced a lot of problems. She has to work in the classroom were are included the student from different countries such as: African Americans, Latinos, Asians, gang members, one Caucasian etc. This means that in Erin Gruwell classroom there are several mixed cultures and gangs in the class. Each of the cultures sit with what is their culture and gang. They hate each culture that is not their own. * Erin was hard worker and very dedicated teacher, she did everything to help and put in right way her students. She tries harder and harder to have resources provided to teach properly (which often results in her needing to pay for them herself through working second and third jobs). She involved students in all kinds of activities like: reading “Anne Frank”, visiting “Museum of Tolerance”, inviting the woman who sheltered Anne Frank etc.
* There are a lot of themes in this movie: respect, success, sacrifice, tolerance, making decisions, intolerance, unhappiness, negativity etc.
* This movie is attractive for everybody and particularly for students, teachers and parents. This movie can be watch by people old 13+.
* For my opinion this movie is a great, enjoyed it. It shows a great commitment of a teacher to her profession and it happened to forsake her marriage. But finally she managed to improve the students attitude against life.
* As I liked this movie very much I would score with A.
* Her name is Dita Baruti and she is 16 years old. She was born in Prishtina....
Please join StudyMode to read the full document