MOTOROLA DEFY +
Table of Contents
Introduction - Background4
Marketing Environmental Analysis – PESTL5
Goals and Objectives7
Marketing Mix Strategy8
Implementation/ Action Plan/ Schedule9
Evaluation and Control10
The purpose of this marketing plan is to examine the positioning of the Motorola Defy+ mobile phone and create a complete marketing strategy for it to fulfill its goals and objectives.
The marketing plan will conduct research into the mobile phone market in Brisbane and will include a SWOT and PESTL analysis as part of the situational analysis of the current market in Brisbane.
The target market for this plan is students and young people in the Brisbane region and the goals are to boost awareness and increase sales volume over a period of 12 months with a budget of $50,000.
An implementation plan and means of evaluation and control will also be provided in order to ascertain results and determine the success of the actions taken and how the company could have been more effective and efficient in their application of means to achieve their goals and objectives.
Introduction - Background
Motorola Mobility Holdings, Inc
Motorola Mobility Holdings, Inc is a Communications Corporation based in Illinois USA. The company is formally a division of Motorola Inc, which was best known as the pioneer of the “flip phone” in the mid 1990’s and as a leader in the 1990’s analogue mobile phone market. However due to the leisurely pace in which the company adopted new digital technology the company lost ground to its competitors.
Motorola is best known for the RAZR line of mobile phones which started in 2004 with the release of the RAZR V3, however, due to the companies slow adoption of 3G in their handset the company lost market share to it’s competition. The company achieved success in 2009 with the introduction of the Droid smartphone and Motorola’s shift to Google’s Android operating system. The phone received Time Gadget of the Year and is considered a major success for the company. This success was capitalised with the release of Droid X and Droid 2 in 2010.
In 2011 Motorola released the Xoom tablet. The tablet was the first to use Android’s 3.0 operating system and continued with the unveiling of the Droid RAZR with a thickness of 7.1mm being its major sell point. In November 2011 Google acquired Motorola in a strategic move to acquire Motorola’s patents and in turn protect the viability of the Android operating system.
Marketing Environmental Analysis – PESTL
* GST Tax
* Government Upgrading Phone Network
* Brisbane has Australia’s fourth highest median household income at $57,772 AUD * Recently had State Elections where local government has changed to the Liberal Party Economic:
* Price, $299 AUD
* High Australian Dollar
* Most Major Australian Companies and international companies have an Office in Brisbane * Sociocultural:
* Large trends towards the ‘smart phone’ market
* Population of approximately 2.1 Million in the Brisbane Area * Median age of Brisbane is 35
* 1.7% of population is indigenous
* 27.1% of population born overseas
* 9 Universities are based in or have campuses in Brisbane * 3 Major TAFE Colleges
* Key Business Sectors include
o Information Communication Technology
o Creative Industries
o Life Science
o Food and Beverage
o Logistics and Distribution
* Brisbane SD accounts for 45% of Queensland’s Population * 1.7% incease in population between 2010-2011