1. Introduction to HERO MOTOCORP
2. Company Profile
3. List of Board of Directors
4. Awards and Achievements
5.4P’s of the Company
6. Product Information
7. Product Mix
9. Distribution strategy
11. SWOT Analysis
Hero MotoCorp formerly Hero Honda is a motorcycle and scooter manufacturer based in India. Hero Honda started in 1984 as a joint venture between Hero cycles of India and Honda of Japan. The company is the largest two wheeler manufacturer in India. The 2006 Forbes 200 Most Respected companies list has Hero Honda Motors ranked at 108. In 2010, When Honda decided to move out of the joint venture, Hero Group bought the shares held by Honda. Subsequently, in August 2011 the company was renamed Hero MotoCorp with a new corporate identity Termination of Honda joint venture
In December 2010, the Board of Directors of the Hero Honda Group have decided to terminate the joint venture between Hero Group of India and Honda of Japan in a phased manner. The Hero Group would buy out the 26% stake of the Honda in JV Hero Honda.Under the joint venture Hero Group could not export to international markets (except Sri Lanka) and the termination would mean that Hero Group can now export. Since the beginning, the Hero Group relied on their Japanese partner Honda for the technology in their bikes. So there are concerns that the Hero Group might not be able to sustain the performance of the Joint Venture alone Hero MotoCorp
The new brand identity and logo, Hero MotoCorp, was developed by the London firm The logo was revealed on 9 August 2011 in London, the day before the third Test match between England and India. Hero MotoCorp can now export to Latin America, Africa and West Asia. Hero is free to use any vendors for its components instead of just Honda-approved vendors.
During the fiscal year 2008-09, the company sold 3.7 million bikes, a growth of 12% over last year. In the same year, the company had a market share of 57% in the Indian market. Hero Honda sells more two wheelers than the second, third and fourth placed two-wheeler companies put together. Hero Honda's bike Hero Honda Splendor sells more than one million units per year. Total unit sales of 54,02,444 two wheelers, growth of 17.44 per cent Total net operating income of Rs. 19401.15 Crores, growth of 22.32 per cent Net profit after tax at Rs. 1927.90 Crores
Total dividend of 5250% or Rs. 105 per share including Interin Dividend of Rs. 70 per share on face value of each share of Rs. 2 each EBIDTA margin for the year 13.49 per cent
EPS of Rs. 96.54 -
Hero MotoCorp was started in 1984 as Hero Honda Motors Ltd. * 1956 -- Formation of Hero Cycles in Ludhiana(majestic auto limited) * 1975 -- Hero Cycles becomes largest bicycle manufacturer in India. * 1983 -- Joint Collaboration Agreement with Honda Motor Co. Ltd. Japan signed Shareholders Agreement signed * 1984 -- Hero Honda Motors Ltd. incorporated
* 1985 -- Hero Honda motorcycle CD 100 launched.
* 1989 -- Hero Honda motorcycle Sleek launched.
* 1991 -- Hero Honda motorcycle CD 100 SS launched.
* 1994 -- Hero Honda motorcycle Splendor launched.
* 1997 -- Hero Honda motorcycle Street launched.
* 1999 -- Hero Honda motorcycle CBZ launched.
* 2001 -- Hero Honda motorcycle Passion and Hero Honda Joy launched. * 2002 -- Hero Honda motorcycle Dawn and Hero Honda motorcycle Ambition launched. * 2003 -- Hero Honda , motorcycle CD Dawn, Hero Honda motorcycle Splendor, Hero Honda motorcycle Passion Plus and Hero Honda motorcycle Karizma launched. * 2004 -- Hero Honda motorcycle Ambition 135 and Hero Honda motorcycle CBZ* launched. * 2005 -- Hero Honda motorcycle Super Splendor, Hero Honda motorcycle CD Deluxe, Hero Honda motorcycle Glamour,...