Name: Chelsea Walsh
Proposition: Students should eat breakfast.
General Purpose: To convince.
Specific Purpose: Statement of policy.
I. Opening Statement of Interest
A. Reason (s) to Listen
B. Speaker Credibility
C. Thesis Statement
Begin with an Attention Step that is an:
Opening statement of interest (use one or more of the following): * A rhetorical question
* A startling statement
* A quotation
* An illustration or story
* A reference to the subject
* A reference to the occasion
Motivate audience interest in your subject by alluding to: (use one or more of the following): * The practical value of the information for your audience * A reason to listen
* The audience’s sense of curiosity
Establish your credibility by:
* Alluding to any first-hand experience you may have had
* Alluding to sources of information you have consulted
Provide orienting material by: (use one or more of the following): * Previewing main points
* Defining any technical terms that you will be using
II. Statement of Need
There are potentially two kinds of needs (your speech uses one of these): * To urge a change-point out what’s wrong with present conditions * To demand preservation of present conditions-point out the danger of a change The Need Step is developed by:
* Illustration: Tell of one or more incidents to illustrate the need * Ramifications: Employ as many additional facts, examples, and quotations as are required to make the need convincingly impressive. * Pointing: Show its importance to the individuals in the audience.
III. Statement of Solution
A. Explanation of Solution
B. Theoretical Demonstration
Please join StudyMode to read the full document