NAME: RICHMOND MACAPULAY
AREA OF ASSIGNMENT: MUNICIPAL HEALTH OFFICE
* Regular duty as scheduled at assigned Barangay Health Center, Tuesdays (Agani), Wednesdays (Pussian), Thursdays (Dalaoig) and Fridays (San Esteban). * Monthly check up of Pantawid Pamilya recipients; and one-on-one Family Planning session. * Promoted the following DOH programs and activities:
* Cancer in Children Awareness Month
* April 7 – World Health Day
* April 22 – Philippine Earth’s Day
* April 25 – World Malaria Day
* 4th wk Head and Neck Consciousness Week
* Meet and greet with the DOH Representative for the following update: TB patient monitoring, case finding and case referrals; Iron Supplement for women ages 10-59; Garantisadong Pambata Campaign. * Participated with the Garantisadong Pambata Campaign: Vitamin A supplement, Deworming, Iron supplement for children 5 years old and below, and EPI. * Assisted rural health midwife with the monthly immunization for children completing their vaccine doses to be fully immunized children; conducted pre-natal check-up to pregnant women. * Conducted Health Education Session: “DOH 6 S: ANG ANIM NA SAKIT SA TAG-INIT AT KUNG PAANO MAIIWASAN”
* Conducted Health Education Session: “ANG TAMANG PARAAN NG PAGHUHUGAS NG KAMAY AT BAKIT ITO MAHALAGA?” * Participated with the Family Development Session conducted by DSWD; given the chance to share and speak about “ANG PANGARAP KONG PAMAYANAN.” * Updated the monthly accomplishment reports and monthly activities. * April 23, 2 days before World Malaria Day, participated with Malaria case finding in Dalaoig as 2 families were positive. Accompanied Sir Percy for Malaria Smear.
B. LEARNING INSIGHTS:
I am now a grown up. I can say that I have already walked several roads of life. I have met several types of people, good or bad; I let them in and...