* an explanation of how to monitor children and young people’s development using different methods.,
* Assessment frameworks ( eg EYFS profile assessment, P Scales (Performance Indicators Value Added Target Setting) CAF (Common Assessment Framework)) describe those frameworks that would apply to the type of setting you are in eg Early years setting, Children’s residential home, School.
* CAF (Common Assessments framework)
* CAF is a framework that assess children’s additional needs and identifies how
* best to meet those needs. CAF consists of
* A pre assessment to help decide who would benefit from a common assessment and then act on result
* A standard form to record the assessment
* A delivery plan and review form
* A stand alone consent statement
* CAF has been designed to help professionals who work with children assess their needs at an early age and work with the children and their families to meet those needs. Some parents know their child has a difficulty learning but don’t know how to get help, CAF will help identify those children and will help them progress through appropriate intervention.
* EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage)
* The EYFS is a single quality framework to support children’s learning and development from birth to five. The Framework is based on four themes and principles and these are supported by sixteen commitments.
* 1. A unique child - recognises that the child is an individual that is competent to learn.
* 2. Positive relationships – Child will learn to have secure relationships with parents, careers and peers
* 3. Enabling environment – Environments role in development
* 4. Learning and Development – Children learn and develop in different ways.
* The EYFS will help professionals who work with children to provide appropriate play experiences to... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2011, 11). Monitoring Childrens Development. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 11, 2011, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Monitoring-Childrens-Development-855580.html
"Monitoring Childrens Development" StudyMode.com. 11 2011. 11 2011 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Monitoring-Childrens-Development-855580.html>.
"Monitoring Childrens Development." StudyMode.com. 11, 2011. Accessed 11, 2011. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Monitoring-Childrens-Development-855580.html.