March 19, 2013
1. To determine whether you need to upgrade your system or purchase a new one, you need to define your ideal system and what you want it to do.
2. Your computer’s Central Processing Unit processes instructions, performs calculations, manages the flow of information through the computer system, and is responsible for processing the data you input into information. CPU speed is measured in gigahertz (billions of machine cycles per second).
3. RAM is your computer’s temporary memory for you computer. It remembers everything that the computer needs to process data into information.
4. Storage devices for a typical computer system may include a hard drive, an SSD drive, a flash drive, and CD and DVD drives. Hard drives have the largest storage capacity of any storage device and are the most economical. To determine the storage capacity your system needs, calculate the amount of storage your software needs to reside on your computer. See also if your computer is capable to holding a lot of memory
5. How video is displayed depends on two components: your video card and your monitor. A video card translates binary data into the images you see. The amount of video memory you need depends on what you want to display on the monitor. A more powerful card will allow you to play graphics-intense games and multimedia like Call of Duty.
6. The computer’s sound depends on your speakers and sound card. A sound card enables the computer to produce sounds. The speakers are a type of output for music.
7. A lot of computer users decide to buy a new system because they are experiencing problems with their computer. Make sure you have installed any new software or hardware properly, check that you have enough RAM, run system utilities such as Disk Defragmenter and Disk Cleanup, clean out your Startup folder, remove unnecessary files from your system, and keep your software updated with patches. If you... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2013, 04). Money. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 04, 2013, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Money-1652277.html
"Money" StudyMode.com. 04 2013. 2013. 04 2013 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Money-1652277.html>.
- MLA 7
"Money." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 04 2013. Web. 04 2013. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Money-1652277.html>.
"Money." StudyMode.com. 04, 2013. Accessed 04, 2013. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Money-1652277.html.