Phase I - Study9
Phase II – Data Analysis and Interpretation11
Phase III - Action Plan20
H.Sponsors and Expenditure27
J.Notice Board Display32
L.Logo and Photos34
One of the most common sights we see these days, is that of people with their mobile phones next to their ears. A boon for better communication, cell phone usage nonetheless has many health hazards. Various studies indicate that the emissions from a cell phone can be extremely harmful, causing genetic damage, tumors, memory loss, and increased blood pressure and weakening of the immune system.
Though there is no evidence of cell phones causing cancer or any such illness, but the suspicion, or fear of the same is not baseless either. The electromagnetic radiation from cell phones does have a potential link to cancer. The fact that this radiation is invisible, intangible, and enters and leaves our bodies without our knowledge makes it even more intimidating.
* Two minutes of exposure to emissions from mobile phones can disable a safety barrier in blood causing proteins and toxins to leak into the brain, could increase chances of developing Alzheimer's multiple sclerosis and Parkinson's. * Scientists say exposure to the phones' low-level radiation causes red blood cells to leak hemoglobin and can lead to heart disease and kidney stones. * Recent studies suggesting a link between cell-phone use and brain tumors, and the possibility that the microwaves could ignite petroleum fumes at gas stations. * Posture (holding phone between raised shoulder and ear) Some researchers claim that holding a mobile phone between the raised shoulder and the ear could have a damaging effect on muscles, bones, tendons and discs. These problems would apply equally to a cordless phone or a landline phone as to a mobile phone and are the effect of bad posture.
With the possible harmful effects on health, the most affected would be the children. Because of their smaller heads, thinner skulls and higher tissue conductivity, children may absorb more energy from a given phone than adults.
The following were to be born in mind while carrying out the study to achieve the expected results
* To sensitize children on the ill effects of radiations emitted by mobile phone
* To study the opinion and views of all the stake holders of the issue.
* To provide prevention tips that would help the children reduce their mobile phone usage
* To sensitize the public through media regarding the mobile phone usage among the school going children
The project was implemented through three phases namely
* Phase I – Study
* Phase II –Data Analysis and Interpretation
* Phase III – Action Plan
PHASE I – STUDY
Phase I - Study
1. Literature Review
The current scenario about the mobile phone usage and its addiction among adolescents was studied with inputs from the internet and magazines.
Survey was conducted through questionnaires, among school children through known contacts. The children belonged to different schools from corporation to elite spread across the city. The total sample size was 300.
The primary data was collected from children from various educational institutions, psychologist, teachers, parents and heads of institutions. These persons were co-operative and informative. Through these interviews the group obtained a clear view on the various aspects of the issue.
4. Video interviews
Video interviews of principals, teachers and parents were taken to obtain their views on the issue.
PHASE II – DATA ANALYSIS AND INTERPRETATION
Phase II – Data Analysis and Interpretation
The results from the survey were thoroughly analyzed...