1) A small manufacturing firm has just experienced a rapid drop in sales. The marketing manager thinks that he knows what the problem is and has been carefully analyzing secondary data to check his thinking. His next step should be to
A. conduct an experiment
B. develop a formal research project to gather primary data
C. conduct informal discussion with outsiders, including intermediaries, to see if he has correctly defined the problem
D. develop a hypothesis and predict the future behavior of sales
12) The marketing manager at Massimino & McCarthy, a chain of retail stores that sells men's clothing, is reviewing marketing research data to try to determine if changes in marketing strategy are needed. Which of the following sources of data would be a secondary data source?
A. Looking through the company's marketing information system to see past sales trends
B. Reviewing videotapes of a recent focus group
C. Making phone calls to some of the best customers to learn their interest in a new line of clothing
D. Spending time in stores observing customers' behavior
13) Which of the following statements about consumer products is true?
A. Convenience products are those that customers want to buy at the lowest possible price.
B. Shopping products are those products for which customers usually want to use routinized buying behavior.
C. Specialty products are those that customers usually are least willing to search for.
D. Unsought products are not shopped for at all.
14) The attitudes and behavior patterns of consumers making a purchasing decision are part of the
A. political environment
B. social and cultural environment
C. competitive environment
D. firm's resources and objectives
15) The observing method in marketing research
A. uses personal interviews
B. may require customers to change their normal shopping behavior
C. is used to gather data without consumers being influenced by the...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document