* Computer software (e.g. game or app/application)
1. Explain why the first product you chose was a High Involvement purchase and why the second was a Low Involvement purchase.
2. Identify and discuss the differences between the way you went through the purchase decision processes for the two products.
3. Assume now that you are a marketer of each of the two products that you have discussed in the previous pages. Applying only the teaching materials, specifically the presentation "Uses of a Model of Buying Behavior", explain how you might use your understanding of the Model of Consumer Buying Behavior in marketing the two products.
Posting ID:437586 - Business, Marketing - Year 3
Solution By OTA:
105547, Ruby Gupton-Krumwiede, PhD (ABD) & M.B.A.
go to problem
I have given you my thoughts on the questions. Please if you have any other concerns, let me know.
1.The first I chose was the Restaurant. It is a high involvement purchase because I like food, specific kinds of food and cooking. I am careful about my diet and it is an emotional and rational decision. I like to give great thought to what I eat and when and where and I tend to stick with certain favorite restaurants. When I make a decision to eat at a new restaurant, it is always high involvement.
The second will be underwear. It is low involvement because I buy whatever is on sale, with colors I like, and in a style I like. I don't put a lot of thought into it these days. I am not brand loyal for underwear either.
2. I first looked at my budget to see what I could afford and then decided based on what was compatible with my diet restrictions. I think went through my known restaurants and some I knew little about and made the decisions. For the underwear, I walked into KMart and to the underwear section. I looked for my size, my color choices, then bought the...