Mk Land Wants to Build Affordable Homes Under Pr1Ma

Only available on StudyMode
  • Download(s) : 142
  • Published : December 11, 2012
Open Document
Text Preview
[pic]

TOPIC: MK LAND WANTS TO BUILD AFFORDABLE HOMES UNDER PR1MA

SUBMITTED TO:

DR ROKIAH BINTI HASSAN

FACULTY OF BUSINESS MANAGEMENT

UITM SHAH ALAM

PREPARED BY:

SITI SARIZAH BINTI SAHARUDDIN

2011469156

MK Land Holdings Bhd is the one of the largest property developers which has develop a large number of affordable houses in Malaysia. They also want to collaborate with the government to build other affordable homes under 1Malaysia People's Housing Programme (PR1MA). They also urged the government to release the public land to any developers to build more affordable house in order to meet the needs of middle income group.

The president of MK Land, Mr Mustapha Kamal has said that, they are sure that the land are being gazetted and zoned for a various types of development such as school and hospital. If it is zoned for housing, government should invite as many as developers to develop affordable housing. In addition, the government can divide the land where 75% of the plot is to be set aside for affordable housing and the rest 25% is allowing the developer free rein.

When the developers build these affordable houses, it encourage other developers to build shop house, office or any commercial properties in order to fulfil the needs of the people on that area, so it will create a new growth centre. Besides that, the government also can use Industrialised Building System (IBS) to reduce labour and it also can improve the quality of the property besides it can save developers up to the three month of the construction.

If government approved to collaborate with MK Land Holding Bhd, it will give good news to the citizen especially middle income group. This is because; currently price of houses in Malaysia is keeping rising. The middle income group are not poor but still cannot afford to buy houses in major cities especially in Klang Valley. So by developing this affordable housing it gives a chance for them to...
tracking img