By: Mira Oliva 11F
Vincent Freeman (Ethan Hawke)
* While growing up, Vincent was constantly told that he couldn’t do what he wanted in life. He was told that because of his poor genes, that he was not fit enough to achieve great things in the world. These negative comments from people, including his parents, were what drove Vincent into desperately wanting to achieve. He wanted to show that achieving wasn’t all about genes and that perfection doesn’t mean anything when it comes to a man’s dreams.
* Even though Vincent’s life as Jerome is based on deception, I think that he is an honest person. Despite lying about who he is, he believes that he could achieve great things even with what is running through his veins. He accepted the fact that he was thought of as an ill person, but he still strived to give everything his all.
* Even though Vincent’s relationship with Irene starts to blossom, I don’t think it was ever really enough to keep him on earth, because Vincent worked so hard to get where he had gotten. I think that his dream was too powerful and that nothing would ever overcome it because of all the things that he went through in life. Love or “blossoming” love, was never enough. Besides I didn’t really get that romantic connection between them, because Vincent was far more interested in his dreams and Irene was too concerned about her genetics and how no man would ever love her, because of her “chances of getting Heart disease”.
Irene Cassini (Uma Thurman)
* I think that she would’ve been disappointed after getting the results back, because Valids don’t usually go violent behaviour and are programed without this emotion, so when she found out that the eyelash was in fact Vincent’s, it probably would’ve taken her aback, making her question society and their ways.
* Irene becomes an accomplice in Vincent’s deception and flight to space because even as she finds that Vincent was lying about... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2013, 03). Miss. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 03, 2013, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Miss-1514569.html
"Miss" StudyMode.com. 03 2013. 2013. 03 2013 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Miss-1514569.html>.
- MLA 7
"Miss." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 03 2013. Web. 03 2013. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Miss-1514569.html>.
"Miss." StudyMode.com. 03, 2013. Accessed 03, 2013. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Miss-1514569.html.