1. Using Porter's competitive forces model, analyze the NBA's market situation. How does the use of Akamai help the NBA compete in this market?
2. Using Porter's generic strategies model, what do you think is the NBA's overall strategy or strategies?
3. Why is it important that all fans in the world have the same experience?
4. Why is it important that individual franchise owners can build, manage, and distribute on the NBA platform their own content?
5. The word "partnership" appears several times in the video. Who are the NBA's partners? How does the concept of a strategic ecosystem apply to the NBA's partnership strategies?
1.I think that NBA uses Akamai to allow fans and partners from many countries access NBA as quick as possible. NBA uses Akamai to provide fast downloading and make dynamic and personalized content faster.
2.I have analyzed Porter's generic strategies model and I think that NBA uses overall strategy. And this strategy is differentiation strategy. Because they differentiate content to lead. May be they also use other specific strategies.
3.It is important that all fans in the world have same experience to provide integrity of fans of basketball. There shouldn't be any discrimination. Fans from all countries, except America shouldn't feel like exclusion.
4. There are 29 team franchise member clubs in USA, and 1 in Canada. It is important that individual franchise owners can build, manage, and distribute on the NBA platform their own content for their independence. Because if they depend on each other they can't progress.
5.NBA's partners are Coca-Cola, Adidas, Heineken, Pepsi, Pizza Guys, Toyota, Verizon, Mercedes-Benz, Walmart, Nokia Siemens Networks etc. For example, Nokia Siemens Networks can help NBA technically. The concept of a strategic ecosystem allows partners watching the matches in real time.