Chapter 22 Study Guide- Northern Eurasia 1500-1800
1. What did Hideyoshi do in 1592?
2. What were the most dramatic consequences of the Japanese invasions? 3. What kind of artisan achievements were made in Japan in the 1600s and 1700s? 4. What were three (3) impacts of European contact with Japan? 5. What was the eventual response of the Japanese government to Christianity? 6. List three (3) reasons that contributed to the instability of the Tokugawa Shogunate. 7. What was the fate of the samurai of the Forty-Seven Ronin incident? 8. What astonished Europeans about Ming China?
9. What did workers in Jingdezhen do to protest working conditions? 10. Although the European sent a steady supply of ships to trade with China, how did the Chinese respond to Western trade? 11. How were the Portuguese, the first Europeans to arrive in East Asia, received by the Chinese? 12. How did the Dutch gain favor in China? Be specific.
13. How did the Jesuits under Matteo Ricci’s leadership seek to enhance their status in China? 14. Who did the Chinese fight for security along their northern border? 15. What were the terms of the Treaty of Nerchinsk?
16. What did the Jesuits do to gain converts in China?
17. Although gunpowder had already reached the Europeans centuries earlier, what other things did the Europeans gain from China? List at least 5. 18. Europeans were only allowed to trade in what city?
19. List three (3) reasons for the British becoming China’s biggest European trading partner. 20. What caused Britain’s massive trade deficit with China? 21. What caused China’s environment decline which began in the 1700s? 22. What Mongol Khanate ruled Russia from the 1240’s until 1480? 23. What was a valuable resource that Russians sought from the forests of Siberia? 24. What part of the Russian population were serfs, according the census of 1795? 25. The Great Northern War resulted in Russian...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document