1.1 Reason of doing the assignment
Our course instructor Md. Robiul Islam announced to take an assignment instead of two quiz examination. Although this report is mainly for our academic purpose but we think that it will not increase our grade but also will be helpful in our practical lives. For this reason we have completed this report on micro-credit system of ASA.
1.2 Scope of the study
This assignment of preparing a report on the MCS of ASA will help in many sectors other than the academic sectors. Such as:
• For gathering knowledge about micro-credit system this whole work is very helpful • In our professional sector we can use this experience • The information of this report can be applied in our other courses • We can use this skill for financing various sectors in our practical life • In future it will be easy for us to start a micro-loan financing organization because we have acquired knowledge about micro-credit.
1.3. Objectives of the Study
The objective of the proposed study is to find the micro credit system of ASA.The following are the objectives of the study: To know the overall function of ASA for the contribution of advancement of micro-credit system in the country • To learn about the consequences of micro-credit practices on the performance of ASA. • To develop knowledge about the systems approach to loan distribution pattern. • To get an idea about the selection of the beneficiary. • To acquire knowledge about the process of matching loan package with requirements of the clients. • To know about orientation process of new loan package. • To analyze special motivational techniques to the clients for taking loan. • To know about the weakness, strength, opportunity and thread of the micro-credit of ASA. • To recommend necessary steps for overcoming such problems of ASA.
1.4 Research Methodology
THE POPULATION SAMPLED FOR THE STUDY WAS LIMITED TO THE ASA, ONE OF THE LEADING MICRO-FINANCE ORGANIZATIONS, WHERE I WAS ASSIGNED TO PERFORM THE STUDY.
1.4.1 AREA OF DATA COLLECTION:
• VILLAGE-PITALGONG, THANA-RUPGONG, DISTRICT-NARAYANGONG
• ASA CENTRAL OFFICE:
ASA TOWER, 23/3, KHILJI ROAD, SHYAMOLI MOHAMMEDPUR, DHAKA-1207, BANGLADESH,
1.4.2 SOURCES OF DATA COLLECTION:
IN ORDER TO CONTRACT THE REPORT I HAVE COLLECTED NECESSARY INFORMATION FROM TWO SOURCES A) PRIMARY SOURCES OF INFORMATION
B) SECONDARY SOURCES OF INFORMATION
a) PRIMARY SOURCES OF INFORMATION: THE PRIMARY DATA WILL BE COLLECTED FROM THE FOLLOWING SOURCES: • FACE TO FACE CONVERSATION WITH THE RESPECTIVE CLIENTS OF ASA • ORAL INTERVIEW OF THE RESPONSIBLE OFFICERS
• RELEVANT DOCUMENTS STUDIES AS PROVIDERS BY EARLY RESEARCHERS • OBSERVATION OF THE WORK OF THE FIELD WORKERS OF ASA b) SECONDARY SOURCES OF INFORMATION: THE SECONDARY DATA WILL BE COLLECTED FROM THE FOLLOWING SOURCES: • ANNUAL REPORT OF ASA
• A BRIEF ON MICRO CREDIT SYSTEM FOR CLIENTS OF ASA • VARIOUS DOCUMENTS OF THE ASA
• EXTENSIVE LITERATURE SEARCH ON THE BASIS OF THIS DOCUMENT OF PUBLICATIONS. I HAVE ASSIGNED THESE REPORT AND DOCUMENT IN THE LIGHT OF ANALYTICAL REVIEW. I HAVE NEED SOME STATISTICAL TOOLS, GRAPHICAL PRESENTATION AND TABLE TO MAKE THIS RESEARCH REPORT. THESE ARE GIVEN THE OVERALL PICTURE OF THE MICRO CREDIT SYSTEM OPERATED BY ASA.
1.5. LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
THIS REPORT IS OUR FIRST ASSIGNMENT OF OUR FINANCE COURSE CURRICULUM. WE THE STUDENTS OF FACULTY OF AGRI-BUSINESS MANAGEMENT JUST HAVE COMPLETED OUR 2ND YEAR. SO IN PERFORMING THIS REPORT OUR LACK OF PROPER KNOWLEDGE GREATLY INFLUENCED IN THIS PERFORMANCE. BESIDES ABOVE HAVE TO FACE SOME OTHER LIMITATIONS ARE: • LACK OF AVAILABILITY OF DATA