- His contribution to music, dance and fashion, along with a much-publicized personal life, made him a global figure in popular culture for over four decades.
- Through stage performances and music videos, Jackson popularized a number of dance techniques, such as the robot and the moonwalk.
- His distinctive musical sound and vocal style have influenced numerous hip hop, pop, contemporary R&B and rock artists.
-Jackson's 1982 album Thriller is the best-selling album of all time.
- His other records, including Off the Wall (1979), Bad (1987), Dangerous (1991) and HIStory (1995), were also rank among the world's best-selling.
- Jackson is one of the few artists to have been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice.
- He was also inducted into the Dance Hall of Fame as the first (and currently only) dancer from the world of pop and rock 'n' roll.
- Some of his other achievements include multiple Guinness World Records;
- 13 Grammy Awards (as well as the Grammy Legend Award and the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award);
- 26 American Music Awards (more than any other artist, including the "Artist of the Century");
- 13 number-one singles in the United States in his solo career (more than any other male artist in the Hot 100 era);
- estimated sale of over 750 million records worldwide.
- Jackson won hundreds of awards, which have made him one of the most-awarded recording artist in the history of music.
-Michael Jackson was born on August 29, 1958, the eighth of ten children in an African American working-class family who lived in a small 3-room house in Gary, Indiana, an industrial suburb of Chicago.