Topics: Stress, Chart, Anxiety Pages: 5 (1186 words) Published: March 4, 2013
2.1. Introduction
The purpose of this chapter is to look at the research methodology used in this study. The specific component s covered in this chapter are the sample of population, instrumentation, data collection as well as data analysis. 2.2. Sampling

The subject of this study were 52 students consisting of 13 students from each of the three module and accountancy. The respondents comprised 26 male and 26 female students from various races and different family background. Besides that, all of them are 19 years old. 2.3. Instrumentation

The survey instrument for this study is a set of questionnaire. A total of 52 sets of questionnaire were distributed to 52 KMPh students to gain information about the stress management. The questionnaire is divided into two sections. Part A consist of four items which elicit the students gender, module or course, races and their family background information. Part B consist of ten items which divided into three part focuses on the factors that lead to the stress among KMPh students. A copy of the questionnaire is enclosed in Appendix 1. 2.4. Data collection

The data were collected by the researchers at Kolej Matrikulasi Pahang. A number of 52 respondents were involved in this study. The data collection involved only one phase, distributing the questionnaires to the respondents and covered the span of only a day. Prior to answering the questionnaire, the respondents were given a short briefing on the purpose of the study. Each item in the questionnaire was explained to the respondents. Other than that, explanation on how to respond to the questionnaire was also given to avoid difficulty in understanding on part of respondents. 2.5. Data analysis

The researchers checked through all 52 respondent’s questionnaires. The data were in the form of responding to either ‘yes’ or ‘no’ as well as in the form of scale and open minded question. In this study, data were analyzed using descriptive statistics. The responses in the questionnaires were tabulated, percentages calculated and the results were presented in forms of graphs and chart as well textual discussions.

3.1. Introduction
This chapter constitutes the discussion of the results from the data gathered. The findings presented here were based on the instrument used; the questionnaires. This chapter will explain about the profile of the respondents, analysis of the results of the questions as well as the conclusion.

3.2 Profile of the respondents
By the end of the study, 50 students of Pahang Matrikulasi College participated in the research. They consisted of the students from each of the three races namely Malay, Chinese and India. The student’s profile which is consisted of gender, module and race were presented in specific category using the pie chart and percentage. Gender of respondents

Gender| Number of respondents| Percentages (%)|
Male| 24| 48|
Female| 26| 52|

Figure 1: Gender of respondents
According to the above pie chart at figure 1, 52% of the respondents were female while the remaining 48% were male.

Module of respondents
Module| Number of respondents| Percentanges (%)|
1| 14| 28|
2| 12| 24|
3| 13| 26|
Accountancy| 11| 22|

Figure 2: Module of respondents

According to the above pie chart at Figure 2, the module of respondents whose took part in this survey consisted of Module 1 that accounted 28% of the respondents, followed by module 3 26%, Module 2 at 24% and Accountancy was at the last standing with only 22%.

Race| Number of respondents| Percentages (%)|
Malay| 29| 58|
Indian| 8| 16|
Chinese| 13| 26|

Figure 3: Race of respondents

According to figure 3, a total of 50 respondents were chosen to participate in this survey. They consist of 29 Malay, 13 Chinese, 8 Indian.

Family background
Family background| Number of respondents| Percentages (%)|...
Continue Reading

Please join StudyMode to read the full document

You May Also Find These Documents Helpful

  • Types of Experimental Research Methodologies Essay
  • Four Research Methodologies Essay
  • Essay on Unit 22 Research Methodology P3
  • Research Methodology Essay
  • Research Methodology Essay
  • Research Methodology Essay
  • Essay on Research Methodology
  • Crm Methodology Essay

Become a StudyMode Member

Sign Up - It's Free